Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christopher Columbus.


So I've found, the "new world" in my fitness "earth" - it's pretty awesome. It's like a combination of pilates, yoga, and ballet strength training. It's called the Bar Method. The class is made up of upper body, leg work, "back-dancing" (the middle aged women in class had fun with this), core work, and stretching. It's very low impact as far as cardio work goes, so it really needs to be coupled with some elliptical, walking, biking, running, swimming or whatever you choose. I felt "the burn" while doing the moves in class, but I had no idea it was so effective until I woke up this morning and could barely move. This workout is fabulous for women (in my opinion, but I'm no expert). It targets all of those bad areas (toosh, thighs, belly, arms). I took the class at my gym in my hometown, but I'm going back to school this coming week and they don't teach it there (Tear*tear*) so I'm going to get a DVD! I'm really excited for it to come in. If you want to find out more, look "bar method" up on you tube or google. It's great and deserves to be looked into!

TR

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I was just thinking about how I would love to take ballet again! This sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete